The SIGMA HD advanced pipe crawler is an extremely reliable, expertly designed steerable pipe inspection robot that is loaded with great features. These units are one of the most advanced and affordable crawlers that can be used to inspect stormwater lines, sewer drainage and construction areas, duct work, pipe/gas lines, and industrial sites. This is perfectly suited to use in areas from 200mm (8") up to 3 meters (9.8 ft), and up to lengths of 500 meter (1640 ft) thanks to its modular design.
These pipe crawlers come in 2 configurations: either a manual reel, or a motorized reel, with extra sets of wheels and auxiliary LED lights, and electronic raising of the camera head. Both of these configurations come standard with the following;
Full HD color Pan, Tilt, and Zoom (PTZ) camera head, featuring a Japanese Tamron 1080p high definition digital camera with 10x optical zoom, 12x digital zoom, and a focal distance from 10mm to infinity.
Steerable crawler robot with a powerful drive system and the ability to mount additional larger wheel sets.
German made G8 aramid reinforced cable with a winch system.
Portable control box with dual touch screen monitors.
What makes these systems so unique and advanced is:
- Optical vibration compensation built into the Full HD PTZ camera head
- Powerful 4x4 drive system specially designed with two 110 watt Faulhaber Swiss motors
- Endless panning of the camera head and tilt angles
- Electronic raising of the camera head
- Laser measuring diodes to measure defects and the diameter of pipes
- Pressure sensors, inclinometer, gyroscope, pitch and roll sensors
- Advanced motorized reel, with rolling ring drive on a smooth shaft
- 17.3" color LCD touch screen monitor (largest available on a mobile system)
- Additional 7" touch screen monitor with a built-in computer, with Telescan software
- Intuitive control of the robot
- Ability to profile and plot the pipeline, and prepare report
All SIGMA HD pipe crawlers have the option to add additional LED lighting, a sonde for location, and additional wheel sets for larger diameter inspections. These crawlers are also modular and can be customized for different applications and inspection areas as you need.
The SIGMA HD features a 200mm (7.9") robot, with an electronically controlled, oil-filled, lift system to raise the camera head up to 330mm (13"), a built-in full HD rear view camera with LED lights, and wires that are protected by hard electrical conduits running inside the drive unit, offering top of the line protection for tough inspection areas.
With respect to the cable reel; the SIGMA HD pipe crawler is available with a standard manual reel with 100 meters of cable, but this can be upgraded to our advanced motorized cable reel, which uses a rolling ring drive on a smooth shaft to extend the life of the cable laying mechanism and built-in wheels to easily maneuver the motorized reel around a variety of job sites. The motorized cable reel has optional cable lengths up to 500 meters (1640 ft).
Note: SIGMA HD Pipe Crawler is a specially ordered product. Conditions apply. Call for details.