The VIPER portable drain camera is a cost effective set designed to deliver high quality inspections of sewers, building ducts/piping, wells, chimneys, and power plants. These sets feature small portable hand held probes coiled on a steel reel, with all of the accessories stored in one durable hard plastic carrying case which takes up very little space and can easily travel to different job sites.
The VIPER drain cameras have 3 main parts; the camera head, the push cable on the reel, and the monitor set up in the carrying case. The camera head houses a high resolution CCD camera chip with a wide angle 120 degree field of view, designed to capture bright, crisp, color images and video of your inspections. There are also 12 adjustable LED lights to illuminate the inspection area, a flexible spring to navigate corners, and a scratch resistant sapphire lens. The PVC coated fiberglass push cable is 5mm (0.20”) in diameter, waterproof, and available in either 20 meter (65.6'), 30 meter (98.4 foot), or 40 meter (131.2') lengths built onto a steel hand held reel, with a convenient rubber handle, which does not slip even with gloves on or wet hands.
The waterproof and lightweight plastic carrying case houses a 9’ TFT color LCD screen and additional controls, including the DVR box, to capture images and uncompressed video directly to an SD memory card or an external USB storage, a rechargeable battery for portable use, a microphone, and a couple of skids for the camera head.
The VIPER drain camera is the optimal solution when portability and maneuverability are extremely important.
For this push camera set, there are 4 additional interchangeable camera heads available for different applications. These include 1” diameter straight view, 1" diameter side view, 0.67” diameter, and 1.1” diameter self-levelling camera heads.
The VIPER-S head combines the standard drain camera with a 512Hz frequency sonde. This allows the operator to locate the camera head underground or behind walls, and to determine its exact depth up to 5 to 8 feet (1.5 - 2.5 meters) depending on the strength of the signal, and the pipe material. This is done using the XT512 Locator, or any locator that picks up a 512Hz signal. In special mode the XT512 locator can also be used to trace pipes, where other models are inapplicable or inefficient.
The VIPER-M camera head is more maneuverable for quick and efficient inspections of drain pipes, pool lines, small ducts, boiler pipes and straight run lines with diameters less than 1.5”. This interchangeable camera head is 17mm (0.67”) in diameter with a high-resolution color CCD chip and 6 high-output LED lights. This head is great for hard to reach, tight inspection areas, as it will make a 90 degree bend in a 1.5” PVC pipe. Note: skids are not available for 0.67'' / 17mm camera head.
The VIPER-SL (self levelling) camera head features a larger 28mm (1.1”) diameter with the CCD camera chip installed on bearings which ensures that the live image on the monitor, and any captured images or video, is always right side up. It does not matter how the camera head flips or twists in the pipe. This head also has 12 adjustable LED lights, a 120 degree wide angle field of view, protective sapphire lens and the option to add a 512Hz Sonde for location. It’s supplied with 2 custom plastic skids to protect and center the camera head in different diameter pipes.
- Length: 20 meter(65.6'), 30 meter (98.4 foot) and 40 meter(131.2')
- Camera Head Diameter: 17mm (0.67"), 23mm (1.0") Straight view or Side view, 28mm (1.1”) Self-levelling
- Hi-resolution Color 1/4" CCD sensor with Sapphire glass lens
- No articulation
- Fiberglass cable
- 120° Field of View (FOV)
- 0° Direction of view (DOV)
- IP68 Waterproof design of push probe and camera head
- Illumination: white LEDs
- Special point touch connector to camera
- Two protective/centering skids (not available for 0.67" (17mm) head and 1" side view head)
- 9” Color LCD monitor with Video output, file playback
- Monitor Picture Resolution: 800x480 pixels
- SD memory card slot
- USB memory stick slot
- Recording format - AVI / JPEG (720x576 pixels)
- Power adaptor: 110~240VAC, 12VDC/1800mA
- Rechargeable battery for portable use up to 3.5 hours
- Li-ion battery box (4400mAh)
- System Operating Temperature: -20°to 120°F
- Operating temperature - 20°F~ 120°F (- 28C°~ 50°C)
If purchased I would be sticking the camera down oil and steam piping. 3 questions:
1. How is this unit it a moist environment (are the seals capable of being in a 99% humid environment?
2. Does the unit have any oil / chemical resistance ratings?
3. Some of the piping I will be viewing has diameters up to 40" after necking down to 12 inch headers. Would the camera'a depth of field be adequate for this size pipe.
- Written by Andy
This camera can be submersed into water for up to 5 ft. So humid air is not a problem.
No this camera does not have any chemical resistance rating, it was designed for using on plumbing and sewer applications.
No this camera will not have enough light to illuminate 12" or 40" pipes. You may look at a different option - we have an Anaconda Sewer camera with a Pan-and-tilt head.
One of your sales rep will send you a quote and a brochure for this camera shortly.