Since there are currently no intrinsically safe borescope cameras on the market, our new military tested explosion proof VIDEOSCOPE-XT systems are the best choice to carry out inspections in hazardous environments. These units have been tested under MIL STD 810G method 511.6 (explosive environment) in accordance with UL standards for NFPA 70: class 1 division 2 requirements for hazardous locations. They also UL certified for Class I Division 2. The VIDEOSCOPE-XT is a great for fuel tank inspections, police and military applications, customs and border protection, aviation and gas turbine, NDT, and power generation inspections.
The VIDEOSCOPE-XT inspection system is a full set, with a built in monitor and integrated design. These units feature a great color CMOS camera chip in the tip of the probe, which will provide you with small bend radius to access tight areas or corners. This camera chip has a 90 degree field of view, 4-way tip articulation of 120 degrees in each direction, with 360 degree rotation, controlled via 2 knobs on the ergonomic handle for easy one handed operation. The extra powerful LED light is located in the handle, so there is no chance of a spark in explosive environments, and it has 3-step intensity control. The live image is displayed on a large color 5” TFT monitor, with image and video captured to an SD memory card. These units also feature a digital zoom, text input for captured files, video output to a separate monitor, and a rechargeable battery for portable use.
The VIDEOSCOPE-XT explosion proof cameras are available in a 4mm (0.16”) diameter probe with standard lengths of 1.5 meters (4.9 feet) to 3 meters (9.8 feet), or there is larger 6mm (0.2.4”) and 8mm (0.314") diameter probes with lengths from 1.5 meters (4.9 feet) to 10 meters (33 feet).
*To learn more about an explosive atmosphere specification read this page
Note: VIDEOSCOPE-XT is a specially ordered product. Conditions apply. Call for details.
- Tested Under MIL STD 810G method 511.6 (explosive environment)
- UL Certified for Class I Division 2 Hazardous Locations
- Display Size: 5“ (12.7 cm) TFT Color
- Display Resolution: VGA (640x480 Pixel)
- Operating System: Realtime operating System, with On-Screen-Menu
- User Interface: Direct Action Keys, Function-Keys, Arrow-Keys
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, Turkish
- Video interface: Composite Video-out (BNC)
- Power Supply, primary: re-chargeable Li-Ion-Battery (Charger is provided)
- Power Supply, secondary: 12V Adapter (optional)
- Video Format: AVI (.avi) with time and date stamp
- Image Format: BMP (.bmp) time and date stamp
- Storage: SDHC Memory Card up to 32GB (FAT32) (8Gb card is included)
- Image Sensor: Advanced CMOS chip
- White Balance: yes, factory default or user defined
- Zoom: x3.5 (Digital)
- Invert: horizontal and vertical Image Inversion
- Brightness: yes, adjustable
- Contrast: yes, adjustable
- Color: yes, adjustable
- Text Annotation: Built-in full screen text overlay generator
- Illumination Control: yes, 3-steps
- Type: High-power cold LED with high transmission ﬁberoptics
- Color Temperature: ca. 6500k
- Average Lamp Lifetime: ca. 5000 hours
- Diameter: 4.0mm 6.0mm, 8mm
- Working Length: 4.9 - 33ft (1.5 - 10m)
- Articulation: 4-way, 360° control (Control Levers)
- Articulation Angle* L/R | U/D: 120°/120°
- Integrated Objective Lens: 90° FOV
- Braid: Tungsten Braid on Poly-Urethane-Jacket
- Ergonomics: ± 90° rotatable Display Unit, alt. ±90° rotatable Scope Handle
- System Weight: 2.97lb (1.35kg) Operating Unit
- Dimensions: 180mm x 105mm x 45mm
- Housing: rugged PU, with integrated rubber shock caps
- Protection Class: IP55
- Tip Operating Temperature: -13°F to 176°F (-25°C +80°C)
- System Operating Temperature: -13°F to 115°F (-25°C +46°C)
- Storage Temperature: -13°F to 140°F (-25°C +60°C)
- Relative Humidity: 95% max. – non-condensing
- Waterproof: Probe and distal end up to 14,7 psi (1 bar- 10,2 m H2O)
- Resistance: Probe to oils and 5% saline
Optic: Made in Germany
Inspection Unit: Made in USA
Explosion Proof Videoscope XT Evaluation
This purchase has been very benefical in many ways.
Being able to use this device in Hazardous locations.
The functionality of the Device. Capturing Video and Photos to SD storage card
The durability of the camera lens.
Reducing Downtime on meter run inspections.
Documenting capabilities of Inspections for reports.
The Videoscope XT gives us the ability to quickly inspect orifice and ultrasonic meter tubes to determine if we have possible debris causing flow issues. This process before would require substantial downtime to pull apart flanges and/or remove inspection caps now we can open a ¾ to 1” ball valve snake the camera in and inspect those runs with little downtime and also have inspections documented by photos and or video docs.
- Written by James Staten
Is this intrinsically safe borescope camera? What is the difference between explosion proof and intrinsically safe borescope? Thanks
- Written by Nic
The difference is that explosion proof camera has to be well sealed to contain any explosion originating within its housing and prevent sparks from within its housing from igniting vapors, gases, dust, or fibers in the air surrounding it.
Whereas the intrinsically safe means that the probe is made using the materials which limit energy electrical and thermal, to a level below that required to ignite a specific hazardous atmospheric mixture. This specific camera is not intrinsically safe, it is rated MIL-STD-810G in explosive atmosphere.