The smallest, from 1.18mm only diameter micro video borescopes with flexible insertion tube to reach inside any extremely narrow or difficult to reach area.
Medit’s Ultra Thin USB Video Borescope (the MICRON) represents one of the smallest videoscopes you will find in the world. This is a premium version of a super thin flexible fiberscope designed to access extremely small inspection areas, with a diameter from 1.18mm (0.0465”), a length of 2000mm (6.5 ft) and a wide angle 90-degree field of view.
The MICRON Videoscope is manufactured in the US, and it features a CIS CMOS video camera chip in the tip of the probe, which produces an image of 400 x 400 pixels (with 1.9mm probe), or 200 x 200 pixels (with 1.18mm probe). This means that you are viewing a true live color image of the inspection area from the tip of the scope. There are no fibers, and therefore no honeycomb image. The clarity is far superior to any fiberscope coupled with a camera unit that is on the market, especially in this smaller diameter.
These units are protected by a black ETFE sheath which shields the optics in the tip and the wires that run all the way to the camera control unit. Illumination is primarily provided by a built-in LED source, found in the video processor, which created the best image from the MICRON videoscopes. In the larger 1.9mm diameter, there is the option to order this unit with a portable LED light handle that runs off of batteries instead. The distal 5mm (0.2”) of the probe tip will be rigid due to the presence of the camera chip, but the rest of the insertion probe will be very flexible behind this.
The camera control unit of the videoscope connects directly via a USB cable to a computer or laptop, allowing you to view the live image on a viewing program and to capture images/video directly to your hard drive. This also means that there is no eyepiece on the video borescope, so you need to use these with a computer. Live video is captured at 30 frames per second, while images are captured directly to the hard drive for documentation and future reference. The focal range of the camera is from 3 – 50mm (0.12” – 2”), and the field of view is a wide angle 90 degrees. If this unit is damaged at all the video probe can be removed from the camera control unit, and replaced, instead of buying a new unit, but these do come with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty against any defects as well.
Note: MICRON Videoscope is a specially ordered product. Conditions apply. Call for details.
- Distal end rigid portion length: 5 mm
- Distal end diameter: φ 1.18mm or 1.95 mm
- Material of the harness outer jacket: ETFE
- Harness length: Typical 1500mm / 2000 mm
- Effective pixel number: 200 x 200 (for 1.18mm diameter probe), 400 x 400 (for 1.95mm diameter probe)
- Frame rate: 30 fps
- Field of view (diagonal, in air, nominal): 90°
- Working distance (nominal): 5mm
- Depth of field: 3 - 50mm
- Distortion (in air): ≦25%
- Illumination: Included LED light source
Be first ... Write a review
1) what is the bending radius of the tube?
2) do you have outgassing data for the tube?
3) could the tube operate in a vacuum (~0.045Pa)?
4) is it possible to separate the tube from the module in ordr to add another tube like an extension cord? if not, can the main module operate in a vacuum?
Thank you very much for your time.
- Written by Brian Hershaft
Thank you for your questions