The smallest, from 1.00mm (0.0395") only diameter micro video borescopes with flexible insertion tube to reach inside any extremely narrow or difficult to reach area.
Medit’s Ultra Thin USB Video Borescope (the MICRON) represents one of the smallest videoscopes you will find in the world. This is a premium version of a super-thin flexible fiberscope designed to access extremely small inspection areas, with an insertion probe diameter from 1.00mm (0.0395"), a different length and a wide-angle 90-degree field of view.
The MICRON micro Videoscope is manufactured in the US, and it features a CIS CMOS video camera chip in the tip of the probe, which produces an image of 400 x 400 pixels (with 1.9mm probe), or 200 x 200 pixels (with 1.18mm and 1.0mm probe). This means that you are viewing a true live color image of the inspection area from the tip of the scope. There are no image fibers, and therefore no honeycomb image. The clarity is far superior to any fiberscope coupled with a camera unit that is on the market, especially in this smaller diameter.
These units are protected by a black ETFE sheath, which shields the optics in the tip and the wires that run all the way to the camera control unit. Illumination is primarily provided by a built-in LED source, found in the video processor, which created the best image from the MICRON videoscopes. The distal 5mm (0.2”) of the probe tip will be rigid due to the presence of the camera chip, but the rest of the insertion probe will be very flexible behind this.
The camera control unit of the videoscope connects directly via a USB cable to a computer, laptop, or tablet allowing you to view the live image on a viewing program and to capture images/video directly to your hard drive. This also means that there is no eyepiece on the video borescope, so you need to use these with a computer.
Configuration with an included Microsoft tablet is also available. In this configuration, the control unit has an adjustable LED light intensity, HDMI out, and USB out to connect the tablet. The tablet itself has special viewing software to see and capture imaging data.
Live video is captured at 30 frames per second, while images are captured directly to the hard drive for documentation and future reference. The focal range of the camera is from 3 – 50mm (0.12” – 2”), and the field of view is a wide angle of 90 degrees. If this unit is damaged at all the video probe can be removed from the camera control unit and replaced, instead of buying a new unit, but these do come with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty against any defects as well.
Note: MICRON micro Videoscope is a specially ordered product. Conditions apply. Call for details.
- Distal end rigid portion length: 5 mm
- Insertion probe diameter: φ 1.18mm or 1.95 mm, 1.00mm (0.0395") is available upon request
- The material of the harness outer jacket: ETFE
- Harness length: Typical 1500mm / 2000 mm / Custom length
- Video chip type: CMOS
- Effective pixel number: 200 x 200 (for 1.18mm and 1.0mm diameter probes), 400 x 400 (for 1.95mm diameter probe)
- Frame rate: 30 fps
- Field of view (diagonal, in air, nominal): 90°
- Working distance (nominal): 5mm
- Depth of field: 3 - 50mm
- Distortion (in air): ≦25%
- Illumination: Built-in LED light source
Microsoft tablet specifications** (for special configuration only**)
- Total Storage Capacity: 128 gigabytes
- Security Features: Facial recognition
- Screen Size: 10.5 inches
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1280
- Screen Type: PixelSense
- Stylus Input: Built for Windows Ink (Active). Stylus not included.
- Processor Model: Intel Core m3-8100Y
- Internet Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home in S mode
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion
- Model Family: Microsoft Surface Go
- Rear-Facing Camera: Yes
- Rear-Facing Camera Megapixels: 8 megapixels
- Rear-Facing Camera Video Resolution: 1080p
- Front-Facing Camera: Yes
- Front Facing Camera Video Resolution: 1080p
- Battery Life: 10 hours
- System Memory (RAM): 8 gigabytes
- Processor Model: Intel Core m3-8100Y
- Bluetooth Enabled: Yes
- Headphone Jack: Yes
- Interface(s): 3.5mm audio, Proprietary, USB Type C
- Expandable Memory Compatibility: microSD, microSDXC
Be first ... Write a review
1) what is the bending radius of the tube?
2) do you have outgassing data for the tube?
3) could the tube operate in a vacuum (~0.045Pa)?
4) is it possible to separate the tube from the module in ordr to add another tube like an extension cord? if not, can the main module operate in a vacuum?
Thank you very much for your time.
- Written by Brian Hershaft
Thank you for your questions