What is the Ex-View HAD Sony CCD Sensor that we use in our professional cameras?
EXview HAD CCD is a trademark of Sony Corporation. EXview HAD CCD is a CCD Camera sensor which drastically improves the light efficiency by including near infrared light region as a basic structure of HAD (Hole-Accumulation Diode) sensor.
In the field of surveillance cameras and on-board cameras, there are needs to film with high sensitivity in not only light but also in dark environments. To answer these needs, Sony has developed the new structure "EXview HAD CCD", which is capable of detecting with great sensitivity near infrared light region which is unable to be discerned by the naked eye. Light in the near infrared light region which has long wavelengths is converted into photoelectricity deep in the semiconductor's silicon, so in conventional CCD structure, sensors were incapable of efficiently gathering the charge which has undergone photoelectric conversion. This "EXview HAD CCD" structure has made it possible to use as video information the charge of near infrared light which was hitherto invalid. This resulted in a dramatic region improvement in sensitivity. This in turn made it possible to film in the dark by radiating near infrared light which is invisible to the naked eye onto the object being filmed, which opens up applications in a broad range of applications, such as surveillance cameras, on-board cameras and scientific measurement cameras.
Comparison of Image of EXview HAD CCD and Conventional CCD
Imaging conditions: LED illumination in completely dark room
LED specifications: light source output 8.9 mW, wavelength 945 nm, half width 45 nm, illumination distance 1m
• Tv System: NTSC PAL
• CCD Total Pixels: 811(H) x 508(V) 795(H) x 596(V)
• Scanning System: 525 lines, 60 fields/sec 625 lines, 50 fields/sec
• Electronic Shutter (A.E.S.): 1/60~1/120,000 sec. 1/50~1/120,000 sec.
• Image Sensor: 1/3-inch CCD Image Sensor
• SYNC System: Internal
• Minimum Illumination: 0.4 Lux @F1.2 AGC on
• Resolution: 520 TVL / 580 TVL (Enhanced)
• S / N RATIO Typical ( MAX ): 52dB (MIN) / 60dB (TYP) (AGC OFF)
• White Balance: MODE: ATW / AWC ( Zero color rolling)
RANGE: 3200---10000 ºK ( 2200 –15000 ºK With S Filter )
• Mirror Function: ON / OFF
• B.L.C. Function: ON / OFF
• Zoom Function: ON / OFF
• Auto Iirs: A.E.S. / VIDEO(OPTIONAL) / DC-IRIS
• Video Output: 1.0V p-p composite video at 75 ohm
• Gamma Correction: 0.45
• Gain Control: AGC ON / OFF
• Operation Temperature: -20℃ TO 50℃
• Operational Humidity: within 85﹪RH
• Power Supply: DC12V±1V / 150mA