The DarkSite Tactical Camera is a specially manufactured 8mm diameter videoscope configured to support a wide range of camera tips for specific applications. These videoscopes are constructed with interchangeable tips that allow the user to select the proper illumination, White, IR, or Blue LED lights, for a wide range of situations including forensics, building, cavity and tank inspections, police and covert military applications, drug and contraband, and security or customs inspections.
The DarkSite tactical camera features a specialized, high resolution, low light black and white CCD camera chip, with a 90 degree field of view, and a 5” TFT monitor to display the live image. Images and video can be captured on the included SD memory card, and there is also a built in zoom, adjustable brightness, text input, and a rechargeable battery for portable use. The insertion probe is 8mm (0.32”) in diameter, with 4-way tip articulation controlled via 2 knobs on the ergonomic handle, and the ability to rotate in a 360 degree circle. With regards to the optional LED tip configurations, the white LED lights are good for low light conditions and inspections close to the tip of the probe. The IR LED lights are great for inspecting areas that require extreme image contrast from a further distance away, without alerting subjects to the presence of a camera head. The blue LED lights are great for forensic inspections and application that need to avoid triggering a light sensitive mechanism, with the ability to select a desired wavelength.
Standard lengths for these videoscopes are 2 meters (6.5 feet) or 3 meters (9.8 feet), and these are sold as a complete set with the monitor, a rechargeable battery, charger, and carrying case.
Note: DarkSite Covert Tactical Camera is a specially ordered product. Conditions apply. Call for details.
- Display Size: 5“ (12.7 cm) TFT Colour
- Display Resolution: VGA (640x480 Pixel)
- Operating System: Realtime operating System, with On-Screen-Menu
- User Interface: Direct Action Keys, Function-Keys, Arrow-Keys
- Languages: Englisch, French, Spanish, Italian, German
- Video interface: Composite Video-out
- Power Supply, primary: changable Li-Ion-Battery (Charger is provided)
- Power Supply, secondary: 12V Adapter
- Comparative Measurement Function
- Video Format: AVI (.avi)
- Image Format: BMP (.bmp)
- Storage: SD-HC-Memory Card up to 32GB (FAT32)
- Image Sensor: High-Resolution Black and White CCD
- White Balance: yes, factory default or user defined
- AGC-Level: yes, adjustable
- Gamma: yes, adjustable
- Zoom: x3.5 (Digital)
- Invert: horizontal and vertical Image Inversion
- Brightness, Contrast, Colour: yes, adjustable
- Text Annotation: Built-in full screen text overlay generator
Optic: Made in Germany
Inspection Unit: Made in USA
Be first ... Write a review
No questions asked yet, be the first to Ask a Question